This may fuel the fans of drama, but it’s funny hearing/reading people insist my brand is done. This isn’t for the haters. It’s for the people who want to improve their own lives and being optimistic people, want the best for themselves, the country, and even for me.
For those who care about me, fret not. I’ll explain why.
As Dana White tells fighters who want more money, “You either put asses in the seats, or you don’t.” For a writer, asses in seats are book sales.
Twitter impressions are fun to trot out, but maybe those are hate views? A view is a view, and haters are great, but ultimately I do have bills to pay. Writing is my job, my profession, and my career. You, the readers, pay me when you buy my books. That’s the only way I get paid.
You can monitor my brand in real-time on Amazon by watching my sales rank. You can do this for any author. Amazon ranks books based on how many copies have been sold over the past hour to 24 hours.
- Mike Cernovich, Gorilla Mindset – #9,431
- Robert Cialdini, Pre-Suasion: A Revolutionary Way to Influence and Persuade Kindle Edition by #5,476
- Scott Adams, How to Fail at Almost Everything and Still Win Big: Kind of the Story of My Life – #6,548
- Lena Dunham, Not That Kind of Girl: A Young Woman Tells You What She’s “Learned” – #23,209
- MILO, Dangerous – #897
- Donald Trump, The Art of the Deal – #1,646
- Hillary Clinton, Stronger Together – #152,422
- Mike Cernovich, MAGA Mindset – #47,065
- Ben Shapiro, True Allegiance – #40,936
- Vox Day, SJWs Always Lie – #5,022
- Mike Cernovich, Danger & Play: Essays on Masculinity – #27,356
For those keeping track at home. I’ve surpassed Ben Shapiro, who had a ten year head start on me and also has many billionaire sugar daddies, and am on par with Vox, whose IQ is way higher than mine and who has been writing longer than I have. (He’s my editor, proof that I work with the best!)
My brand is bigger than a Hillary Clinton surrogate (Lena Dunham) who had her own TV show, and not as large as MILO, Trump, or Scott Adams.
MILO is a once in a generation talent, so there’s no competing with him, ever. No one can.
Scott Adams is already world-famous, and in terms of writing, he’s a tier above me still. The same is true of Robert Cialdini. Great for them. It’d be unreasonable to expect me to be on their level (yet).
I can live with where my brand is today and where it’s heading, and am grateful for the 90% of people who are positive and upbeat.
Those who say my brand is dead, well, here is my last 30 days of book sales. That’s a nice trend line.