Men more than ever are lost. The “lost man” effect has been blamed on declining standards of masculinity, low testosterone, lack of positive male role models, and media propaganda. I tend to disagree. Men are “lost” due to glitches in their brain caused by the Internet. The Internet changed how men communicate with one another. Men began openly sharing their stories, and some common themes emerged.
More than ever, men are informed. Men are starting to learn the rules of society. When learning what the rules really are, men freak out a little. They lack the force of will to, as I say, “Go Full Gorilla.” Yet they also do not want to conform to these rules.
What are the rules a modern American man must follow?
When you read this, ask yourself whether men are “lost” or if perhaps they are finding their way.
1. The official conservative position on women: Women are special, magical creatures. Men have a duty to serve women by providing them with children, a home, and anything else the woman wants. Even if a woman has been completely ruined, she can pray to God to get forgiveness. Any man who does not allow a harlot into his life does not love Jesus and will go to Hell.
2. The official liberal position on women: We live in a patriarchal system of oppression. Men must give women whatever they want. Men must not speak unless spoken to and they must only say what women allow them to say. Disagreement is harassment. Asking a woman to provide evidence when she says a dudebro raped her is part of rape culture and makes you a rape apologist. Check your privilege.
3. A man who goes out to party with his friends is a dudebro. He is also a date rapist, as any man who has sex with a woman who has had more than two drinks has committed rape.
Are you a potential rapist? The media says, yes, you and your sons and fathers would rape under the right circumstances.
4. A woman who goes out to party with her friends is an empowered woman exploring and experimenting with her body. She should be celebrated. Criticizing her is slut shaming, and if you slut shame a woman you will be fired from your job.
5. Starting a hashtag on Twitter advocating the wholesale slaughter of white men is powerful social commentary.
— Mike Cernovich (@Cernovich) May 22, 2015
6. Telling a fat woman to do some squats is fat shaming, and anyone who fat shames will be fired from his job. Calling overweight men “neck beard virgins” is funny, however, and all women should mock men for being unattractive.
We’re Offering $10,000 For Unretouched Photos of a Male Gamergate Participant We Would Actually Fuck — Erin Gloria Ryan (@morninggloria) October 16, 2014
7. A single man in his 30s is selfish, creepy, and weird. He is also going through a mid-life crisis, as driving cool cars, motorcycles, boats, traveling the world, and having sex with younger women is the sign of poor mental health requiring psychological treatment.
8. A single woman in her 30s is empowered. Any man who does not marry her and immediately give her babies on her timeline is a misogynist who is afraid of strong, independent women.
9. Men must do everything on a woman’s timeline. Even though a woman peaks in her 20s and a man in his 30s, a man must get married in his 20s, even though he will have better options in his 30s. Remember, men must never be selfish or act in their own self-interest. That is immoral.
10. A single mom is the most empowered and unselfish woman alive, even though bringing a child into a single-family household is proven to give that child the lowest chance at success. Criticizing the choice of a woman is misogyny. Pointing to statistics showing single-family households are a societal disaster is misogyny.
11. A single father must not be allowed to exist. Men are unfit to raise children, even though the data shows single mothers offer the worst possible life outcomes for a child. Plus, allowing a man to be at a park with a child would be confusing, as men who go to parks are either sexual predators or kidnappers.
12. Men cannot be victims of domestic violence.
13. Any man who defends himself against a woman’s attack has committed domestic violence, as men cannot be the victims of domestic violence and thus established rules of self-defense do not apply.
— Louise Mensch (@LouiseMensch) May 26, 2015
14. A man who points out these obvious double standards and attempts to argue them on their merits is a misogynist who must’ve “really been hurt” by a woman.
We could do this all day, but who cares? You get the point and realize this list would number into the thousands.
Once men learn the truth, they feel jaded, bitter, and angry. It’s tough realizing your own people view you as nothing more than a pack mule.
Some of us have worn the uniform and loved our country. There was a point when I could have died in a war for a people who didn’t care anything about me.
It’s jarring to think back at the amount of time and effort you have spent playing by their rules. A little anger at first is natural, although anger is ultimately unhealthy and pointless.
It’s always funny when people try telling me how to live my life. Everything they say is informed by their belief I must adopt a slavery mindset.
I must live for women, live for society, live for everyone but myself. Remember, it’s selfish to live for yourself. But it’s not selfish to be a woman, party in your 20s, wear down your body and dopamine and serotonin receptors, and then expect a man to drop everything to marry and impregnate you.
Discovering the double standards of society and slavery mindset embedded in my brain allowed me to break my chains. There’s freedom is knowing the system is rigged.
When I say, “Whatever,” this is not bravado. I truly do not care about conventional social morality. People can judge me all they like. Who cares?
I feel neither guilt nor shame for how I live my life, as those are slave emotions.
Well, strike that. I occasionally have slave feelings rise up in my body. I use Gorilla Mindset techniques to eliminate those negative emotions.
Get away from it all, open yourself up to the universe, and become free of slave emotions.
When people want me to change course, they must use logic and reason. “Because it’s the right thing,” or “That’s what everyone does,” is met with laugher. People who want something from me must appeal to my self-interest.
Calling me names or mocking me simply has no effect, as slaves will always mock a free man.
Besides, have you looked at the people who make fun of me? No one living a better life than I has ever had a harsh word to say about me.
This is from an actual meet-up of people who run a Reddit board that hates on me 24/7.
I live unapologetically for myself. I do not force anyone to associate with me.
When people say they don’t like what I write, I tell them to leave my site. If they don’t like my performance art on Twitter, I tell them to unfollow me.
When people gossip about my Facebook posts, I tell them to unfriend me.
If I say something “wrong” at a party, great, don’t invite me back over. Inviting me to “hang out” is not doing me a favor.
When people act in ways I disapprove of, I laugh. Who am I to tell other people how to live? That would turn me from slave to slave master, where ultimately I want to be free. (Owning slaves makes you a slave to them. Think about it.)
When people are too pushy or try imposing their values on me, I no longer respond to their emails or calls or otherwise engage with them.
It’s hard at first, but you’ll find yourself happy for the first time in your life.
You’ll also start to find your own tribe.
As unconventional as I am by societal standards, the numbers speak for themselves. I can’t keep up with emails, comments, and social media stuff. I gave up trying to months ago.
I’m about to launch a massively-successful book that never would have been accepted by a woman-run publishing house, even though it will make a handsome profit.
What would be my reward for living by societal standards? Maybe I’d have a respectable job that stressed me out and then spend all of my money to self-medicate away those negative feelings. “What’s the point of working so hard in a job I hate if I don’t enjoy my money?!”
Maybe I’d have an ungrateful woman who believes simply being hot and showing up is all that is required to keep me.
Maybe this woman would tell me how the money I earned should be spent. Maybe she’d even have access to my bank accounts and track and monitor my spending.
I work my ass off to be the man I am and expect the same of any woman in my life. Showing up and being hot doesn’t even meet the baseline threshold of conduct.
After all, escorts show up and are hot. If all a woman in a relationship can provide are services provided by an escort, then what does that make her? (Hint: It makes her a really, really, really expensive escort.)
If I were like most men, I’d let a woman treat me however she felt like treating me.
I’d “take it,” like a good little slave boy.
And of course I’d feel lost. I’d know there was a wide gulf between my inherent dignity and sense of fairness and how people actually treat me. I’d wonder why.
It takes a while to live like a free man. It takes years to get truly good at it, as you’ve been brainwashed for decades. Some theorize men have been bred to be slaves, which is why white knighting and other irrational male behavior are prominent.
The first step to freedom is learning the system.
Use the logical male brain. Are any of the double standards I pointed out false? Is anything in this article misogynistic?
Of course not. Every word on this page is supported by facts. Yet this article will shock and outrage many, when in fact many of my observations border on banal.
If you do not change your life after learning of your slavery, then you have submitted to slavery.
Why would you live like a slave?
The second step to freedom is requiring people to explain why you should do something.
When someone tells you to do something – call your mom, get married, have children – ask them why. “Just because” is never acceptable. “It’s the right thing” is never an answer.
Anyone who cannot state in clear terms how changing your behavior will benefit you is cut off from your life immediately.
Is that selfish? Yes.
Then again, doesn’t it seem even more selfish that others want you to live for them?
Those who want you to live for them are twice as selfish as a man who chooses to live for himself.
The time is now. Today is the youngest you’ll ever be. You’ll never have more life in front of you than you have today.
Are you going to live like a slave, or will you give freedom a chance?
The choice, as always, is yours.