“We do not rise to the occasion, but rather fall back to our level of training.” – Unknown
Why do people have trouble controlling their emotions? What do so many people have anger management issues? The answer is simple.
No one trained you how to control your emotions.
It’s just assumed that if you get angry, you’ll stop being angry. Thus you get angry, shoot your load, and then look around at the carnage.
Emotions can be controlled. A man need not be a slave to his emotions. Find out how to master your emotions in the last podcast.
Click play or rate and listen on iTunes:
- The difference between anger and abuse.
- Getting punched in the face.
- How anger robbed a state champion cross country runner of his endurance in less than 90 seconds.
- Fedor’s fight against Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira.
- Aleksandr Karelin’s Olympic wrestling matach against Gardner Rulon.
- Yerkes–Dodson law (Wikipedia).
- Emotions Revealed, Second Edition: Recognizing Faces and Feelings to Improve Communication and Emotional Life (Amazon).