Let’s do some navel gazing about you, shall we? Who are you; how old are you; what are you reading; where are you reading from; why are you here?
Most of you are men aged 25-34.
Roughly 90% of you are aged 18-44, which makes sense. Whether due to low testosterone or fatigue, men stop growing after they turn 40. They lose that masculine drive, become boring and fall asleep watching television from La-Z-Boy chairs, and that’s why their wives cheat on them.
If you are over 44 years old, congratulations. You are one of the few men your age who hasn’t given up on life.
Although 16% of my audience is female, a lot of that includes women who find Danger & Play through various searches about rough sex. (Due to SEO traffic that I never wanted let alone gamed to get, the most popular posts are about sex with trannies, rough sex, and sex pillows.)
What were your top 5 favorite posts?
Among email subscribers, here are the five most-clicked posts:
1. [Secret sent out to newsletter subscribers only.]
Enter your email address to receive free updates and exclusive content.
2. Book Recommendations. You are hardcore readers with diverse and serious intellectual interests.
3. Become Obsessed to the Point of Madness. If you’re on the newsletter, you’re far more serious about winning at life than the average man. It makes sense that you’re obsessed with seeking excellence.
4. How to Make People Like You. You can’t succeed at life if people hate you, unless you’re a professional troll.
5. 7 Habits of Highly Effective Losers. That was one of my favorite posts to write. It started off as a boring “How to Succeed” post when I decided to invert the tips into something more interesting.
Among all readers (excluding SEO traffic), here are the most popular posts over the past 30 days:
1. Books Men Should Read. Again, I was blown away (though I shouldn’t have been) by your book recommendations.
2. Charisma and Connection. You want to learn how to persuade others. More importantly, you are looking for genuine connections.
3. Develop the Game of an Alpha Male. You don’t want gimmicks or pick-up lines. You want to learn how to meet women while becoming the best man you can be. You want to integrate becoming the best man you can be with meeting women.
I enjoy writing about game, but it attracts a lot of negative people and cleaning up the comments becomes a chore. I’m pondering solutions.
4. How to Become a More Dominant Man: Mindset. You are not waiting for handouts and are committed to taking what you want. Of course you’re more dominant than the average male.
5. Optimal Training, Optimal Recovery (tie). You can’t be a dominant man if you’re a sack of shit.
5. Develop the Posture of an Alpha Male With These Exercises (tie). We are seeing a theme now, aren’t we?
What are the top 5 posts of all time?
If you want to learn how reliable Alexa rankings and data are, go look at my Alexa page. Then compare their data with how people are actually finding my site.
1. What is Sex with a Tranny Like? I somehow became the #1 hit (not the first page of Google, the first search result on the first page) for “tranny.” It was a throw-away post about a random subject. SEO can be weird sometimes.
2. How to Choke a Woman During Sex.
3. Testosterone Replacement Therapy. That was the original post I wrote on TRT that put D&P on the TRT map.
4. Jordan Belfort’s 4 Keys to Success. I watched a video, summarized it, and the traffic flew in from Google. That was an example of how you can take something that already exists (a lengthy video) and add value (summarize it; add your own thoughts). Transform intellectual property; don’t copy or steal it.
5. How to Become More Dominant in the Bedroom (tie). Interest in rough sex continues to rise.
5. Sex Pillows: Liberator and Liberator Wedge Review (tie). Again, Alexa has no idea what search terms people are using to find my site or any other site. That data is, to put it mildly, unreliable.
Where do you live?
1. New York. Makes sense. It’s the largest city in the U.S.
2. London. Again, no surprise; this is a large city.
3. Los Angeles.
6. Sydney. Wait, what?
7. Melbourne. Aussie readers, chime in please. I’m glad that you’re here, but two of the top 10 cities are from a small country. What’s going on down under?
9. San Francisco.
Somewhere between 40 men showed up to the NYC meet-up. Around 8 showed up in D.C.
It might therefore make sense to have a meet-up in each city on the top 10 list.
By the way, there are a lot of you Aussie readers. Find a way to meet each other.
How many people read Danger & Play?
More than I could have imagined. Traffic has grown every month since December, and June will be yet another record-breaking month.
I’ve been recognized three times in public – once at Gold’s in Venice, once at Whole Foods, and a third time in a random gym. If you see me, feel free to say hello.
Why are you here?
Only you can answer that question.
Well, why are you here?