Those who have a ‘why’ to live, can bear with almost any ‘how’.” – Nietzsche.
This is a must-watch video from Dave Tate, a man who had multiple learning disabilities and was told by society that he was nothing. He now runs Elite FTS, the premier place to buy strength and conditioning equipment.
Indeed, he is one of the men who has influenced me the most.
A lot of you guys ask, “Why don’t you have an eBook, Mike? Why don’t you charge for Skype, Mike? Why won’t you take our money, Mike?!”
Heck, I just spent several hundred dollars out of my own pocket to have every podcast transcribed. Multiple people have told me I should charge for them, but I feel guilty charging for them. Why?
Because men were there for me when I needed them. Now I am here for you.
Dave Tate succeeded because he found his why. Stop trying to find your life purpose. Find your why and your life purpose will become clear. Find your why and you will be able to endure any how.
What is your why?
- What’s going to keep you working when everyone else stops?
- What’s going to keep you driven when everyone else quits?
- What’s going to make you not merely strong, but stronger?
- What’s going to give you that passion to conquer and kick ass when you’ve been knocked on the floor?
- What’s going to make you take the hit and not fall down in the first place?