In my adult life my bodyweight has been as high as 260 pounds and as low as 163 pounds (the weight I boxed at). For reference, I’m six-feet tall, although by normal standards 6’1.5″, since every guy adds two inches to his height.
(Here’s what I looked like at 240 and then at 180 pounds.)
Covered in the latest podcast:
- How did I lose 80 pounds of fat?
- Well, let’s take a step back. How did I gain so much fat in the first place?
- (Hint: You don’t get fat overnight. You get fat because of bad habits.)
- What is Intermittent Fasting? How did I use IF? Did I use an Eat, Stop, Eat approach?
- How can you use the same tactics I used to lose fat to dig yourself out of debt?
- How is losing fat the same as getting out of debt?
- How can you stop thinking like a bug and start thinking like a high consciousness being?
- How can you change any habit, even if you’re not fat or in debt?
- Why are Made to Stick: Why Some Ideas Survive and Others Die and Switch: How to Change Things When Change Is Hard two of my favorite books?
Incidentally, I’ve been on a lengthy slow bulk. Here’s a gym pic from last night. Note my colorful shoes (New Balance Minimus; they have the same feel as the Vibram Five Fingers without making you look like a cliched CrossFit dork wannabe) and overall swag (covered in our introversion podcast).
(Those LGE Bluetooth head phones are legit.)
What’s coming up in our next podcasts?
- We have one on personal finance that ready to drop. It’s part 2 of our Personal Finance Podcast series (we take reader questions and talk about buying cars, leasing cars, and freeing yourself from the wage slave mentality) and will appear in a week or so.
- We are doing a podcast on nutrition this weekend – covering everything from meal prep to macros to pre- and post-workout training. Get those questions in now.
- I am doing an AMA. Ask me anything. I do mean anything.
Want to hear more? Check out or other podcasts.